Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477365 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
Oh, that's where the confusion about talent ratings comes from!

The talent ratings don't necessarily reflect how good a girl actually is at a job, it only shows how good she could be. For preventing escapes, the security girl has to be strong enough to defeat the escapee (i.e., mostly combat or magic skill level vs combat or magic, as well as she needs to have high health, agility, etc, compared to the escapee). In girl vs girl combat, the talent rating is meaningless.

So a girl with 30 combat, low agility and constitution, and an "S" ranking in security is in reality inferior to a girl with an "F" in security but who has 100 combat and high other stats through items or whatever. The talent ratings mainly reflect the girl's performance on the /next turn page where her traits and stats could influence the number of customers she services or the likelihood that her traits will cause her to get a bonus or a penalty that turn.

Now, with that said, I will recheck the system and make sure it's working as intended.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:55 AM »
I see, thanks.
OK then, I made an experiment. I send 20 times girl with 45 constitution, 47 agility, 0 magic and 2 combat to dungeon.
There're was 2 guards, first with 85-36-0-54 stats, second with 100-27-0-60 stats. With full health, of course.

Mostly she just goes quietly, 3 times I "defeat her yourself", and 4 times she run away. Looks like something wrong here, perhaps when we see message about "defeating her yourself", it's actualy guards doing this.
Even so, judging by stats, 4 runaways are too much to me. She only has a little more agility, after all.
Oh, but she has high bdsm stat. Is she rather enjoy guards attacks?  ???
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:08:13 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »
WM gives items automatically now? It auto distributes everything i have every turn. And even more - if my girl finds something rare in the catacombs(apocalypse something thingie for example (the one that raises magic)) it gets auto-distributed to a random girl at this turn. No sense at all.

My instance of Alice Margatroid got aroud 10 stripper poles in her room now. And WM keeps trying to install more poles...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:22:43 AM by Uriel »

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »
On Items: I have a question, would it be possible to either add in more item types, or increase the amount of 'allocatable' slots in existing item categories? I was thinking it would make sense to be able to have more then two misc. category items equipped at once, such as books, guard dogs, cats ect, as these things really don't have a reason to be limited to only two slots. Did you raise the ring limit on an unrelated note? I was sure it was limited in the base game to two as well (either way, I like that more then two fingers are counted!) I'm finding that most things are quite reasonable and balanced with the current item system, I only have that small qualm.

I also agree that guard girls do not seem to be preventing escapes at all. Besides the somewhat wrong descriptions (a remnant of the base game texts anyway), the asagi girl with 100 con and 84 combat isn't preventing very lowly random girls from escaping when I go to 'take gold' mostly. I don't seem to have as many attempts to escape when I brand as I did previously in the base game. Just some observations, not as detailed as others have mentioned, but perhaps it can help?

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
My instance of Alice Margatroid got aroud 10 stripper poles in her room now. And WM keeps trying to install more poles...

I think you need to give her 1 more stripper pole just to make sure.

I see, thanks.
OK then, I made an experiment. I send 20 times girl with 45 constitution, 47 agility, 0 magic and 2 combat to dungeon.
There're was 2 guards, first with 85-36-0-54 stats, second with 100-27-0-60 stats. With full health, of course.

Mostly she just goes quietly, 3 times I "defeat her yourself", and 4 times she run away. Looks like something wrong here, perhaps when we see message about "defeating her yourself", it's actualy guards doing this.
Even so, judging by stats, 4 runaways are too much to me. She only has a little more agility, after all.
Oh, but she has high bdsm stat. Is she rather enjoy guards attacks?  ???

My fault. It's not functioning properly.

On Items: I have a question, would it be possible to either add in more item types, or increase the amount of 'allocatable' slots in existing item categories? I was thinking it would make sense to be able to have more then two misc. category items equipped at once, such as books, guard dogs, cats ect, as these things really don't have a reason to be limited to only two slots. Did you raise the ring limit on an unrelated note? I was sure it was limited in the base game to two as well (either way, I like that more then two fingers are counted!) I'm finding that most things are quite reasonable and balanced with the current item system, I only have that small qualm.

Rings were limited to 8, I set it down to 4. Misc was unlimited and didn't require equipping, I set it to 2 and requires. Main weapon was 2 spots, I set it to 1.

Misc needs to be limited to prevent the player from stacking 90000 manuals and having 100 in every stat through books.

Thanks for the issue reports, keep them coming guys!
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »

I don't even know c++ and am learning it as I go, so for example scripting is a significant problem because it was never fully implemented in the first place. The purpose of discussing stuff about future content releases is precisely to hear what other people have for ideas.

Hi Future , your work about these mod is absolutely amazing and i can't believe that you don't have much experience with C++.
How do you do these changes? Which "helping" progs do you use ?
I would change something in WM for myself too but i don't have any idea how.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »
Visual C++ 2010 is enough. It's mostly just trial and error, start small like with editing picture types and work your way up very slowly. It's a giant waste of time, though, unless you actually want to use C++ for something more rewarding in life.

Offline alien69

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
Hi
Do u plan release more futanari content?As well anyone hawe some.hint or guides to wm ex with skill is good for with job same q about dress thx for answer

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
Maybe. If so, it will be done in a way so that people who don't like it can avoid it. Nothing related to futanari will be done within the context of the current version.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
I know it'd probably require a new cpp, different from the girls one, but something I've been considering is the idea of 'Henchmen'.  Curious what everyone else would think.  As a girl player, I wouldn't mind an option to acquire some male henches, who could fill the role currently handled by gangs.  Maybe give the option to  put them in some roles at the brothel too, like security/game dealer, etc.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »
This looks pretty good. I'm downloading a bunch of girls now to give it a go.

Any chance that someone could update the WM Editor to be compatible with this version? I tried the current WM Editor to see if it was capable of editing the items list and numerous items returned errors when I tried to simply look at them. Obviously I made no actual changes, but I'd like to.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
Btw, you can open and edit all config, items and girls files with the simple notepad. It's very easy.

Offline ertl

« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
I've been thinking about some suggestions. There is one that could be implemented easily (I must say, this is only a wild idea, because you are the one getting the job done, and I know how easy is to ask, and how hard is to code):

Traits for the body type. I mean, we have traits for the boobs size, for the ass (albeit only "Nice arse"), and lots of other traits. How about getting a little bit more of detail of each girl adding a body type trait? For example, skinny, slim, normal, athletic, fat/plum, and factor some of this into the beauty attribute, or some other attributes.

Then, as a secondary option after this, I don't know how easy it would be (and it can be very far-fetched), but these body type traits could be tied to some other things.

For example: a normal body type would not modify the % of appearance of other physical traits, but skinny could halve the chance of big boobs and abnormally large boobs (but increase, for example, the likelihood of Long Legs). Fat/plum could increase big boobs and abnormally large boobs, decrease agility... etc...

It would imply:

- create the traits
- create new effects for the traits, actually modifying the base percent chance of other traits
- ensure that these new physical traits are determined before the others (so every time you create a girl, this Traits that modify the base chance of other traits appearing load before and the probabilities of getting the other traits are precise).

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
Wow, I spent several hours editing in new items for myself and then found a WM editor included in the WMEX folders. I tried it out, went to save, and instead it deleted my items file. No chance of recovery. There goes several hours of work down the drain....

Edit: It seems that the Kanu Unchou file from the front page of this thread has a virus in it (at least my antivirus says so when I try to download it, had no troubles with the others I grabbed). It may need to be re-uploaded.

Edit the Second: Also does anyone know where the script for the gang assignments is? I'd like to play with adding a few missions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:38:50 PM by Crisis21 »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
Didn't detect a virus when I downloaded it just now.

There are no scripts for gang assignments.

....you tried to modify the item list before you even tried this version? whatever works

not to you:

Anyway, did I get all the girl escape possibilities? - Take Gold, Send to Dungeon, Torture, Brand as Slave, possible run away during the turn processing. I didn't forget one right? Half asleep here. Assuming what I did works properly, the security job should at least mostly be able to handle runaways on the next release. Not to my satisfaction, though. You'll be able to 100% block escapes as long as you don't go crazy with abuse.

ertl: we'll see, that's one possibility, good to see an idea I hadn't really thought much about. You guys are more than welcome to suggest traits or trait systems.

Popuri, I personally don't care for men, so the ideal for me is just to have a bunch of the women handling such things. I don't see the big deal about having male characters do gang actions unless the person who wants that also wants the sexual content too. Afraid I don't have the gender orientation for that. Having a henchmen system adds a level of complexity (and therefore difficulty in implementation), though I guess it's not too bad if all you're doing is porting the gang functions into male characters and adding support for pic types. It's probably easiest for anyone wanting to do such a thing to just try to convert all the female specific content into male specific content - mainly the in-game descriptions, text, and names.