devolution

Author Topic: My modded client  (Read 7322 times)

Offline dqhx

My modded client
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:11:33 AM »
Hey guys.
I've been enjoying this game for a couple of days (cheers to the devs) but i decided to mod the client to suit my own preferences and now put it up for download in case anyone else is interested in trying it out / giving feedback on bugs, etc..

https://rapidshare.com/files/1375776013/whm_643_DQ1.zip

If you want to try it you'll need to copy your own girls over into the Character folder or get the ones from the official version (1.30 Beta 593 i think).

I started from the 1.30 beta 643 from the SVN.

Changes:
- fixed a crash bug on pressing "Next week" (null pointer access)
- fixed a display bug in the girl management screen (wrong hardcoded values)
- MY PET PEEVE: using sexual interactions in the girl detail screen will now display a sexual interaction image instead of the profile one. Why should the clients have all the fun ?! They say i'm their true love ! :'(
- Lesbian / Threesome / Group are active but incomplete (really just regular sex with skill increase and flavor text)
- And a change for my own use: if you give a girl in a .rgirlx file the "NewRandom = 'Yes'" attribute (next to "Human = 'Yes'", etc..) the behaviour of random girl creation changes.. each girl created from that base one will pick one portrait image at random and stick with it. This is so i can dump a load of portrait pictures in one folder and have plenty of different looking random girls as filler.
You can have both the regular and the new type in the same game.

That's it basicly. The SVN version seems to crash a lot on exit though, nothing to do with my changes.

Edit: i reuploaded the file because of a new major bug i found in my code. Oops.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:45:17 PM by dqhx »

Offline drake

Re: My modded client
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:45:59 PM »
Hi there, could I persuade you to put up the source code and let me use it with my mods? :-)

Offline dqhx

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
Hey, i don't think i can put anything up on the SVN so i just attached the files i changed, dropping this on top of revision 643 from the SVN and then moving the "DefaultInteract*.*" script files from the link above into the "Scripts" folder of the SVN version should pretty much yield mine unless i forgot something.

Sorry if my code isn't exactly pretty it's a bit of a hack job :P .

Offline Anon21

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:05:37 PM »
Hey, i don't think i can put anything up on the SVN so i just attached the files i changed, dropping this on top of revision 643 from the SVN and then moving the "DefaultInteract*.*" script files from the link above into the "Scripts" folder of the SVN version should pretty much yield mine unless i forgot something.

Sorry if my code isn't exactly pretty it's a bit of a hack job .

Thanks. And it can't be hackier than mine. ;-)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »
Great addon! We've been talking about some of these changes for a while :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline dqhx

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »
And i fixed a bug with the new type of random girl that messed up some event images for them, attached source file changes, latest version in the OP.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:58:03 AM »
And i fixed a bug with the new type of random girl that messed up some event images for them, attached source file changes, latest version in the OP.

Thanks for posting the code changes. :-)

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:41 AM »
 :-X Everything looks good, I like the new features and all. But the only problem I have is that I can't get some girls' profile pictures to show up. I couldn't get post 5.93 versions of WM and user mods to run on my new win 7 laptop without some kind of errors.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Offline Chee42

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
:-X Everything looks good, I like the new features and all. But the only problem I have is that I can't get some girls' profile pictures to show up. I couldn't get post 5.93 versions of WM and user mods to run on my new win 7 laptop without some kind of errors.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Is it just the profile pictures or all related picture?

There's a good number of girl-packs with girls who have no pictures or slight typos that cause disconnects between the girl's picture gallery and their stats.  This could be your problem.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 01:58:54 AM »
Ehh, I don't think so, considering some of them are my own humongous packs. At any rate if the girl's folder is missing or has incorrect names in it, the default picture still shows up. That's not what happens in my case, no picture of any kind shows up at all. Everything works fine if I switch to the vanilla version.

Offline dqhx

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
Hmm, i've played my version mostly with the default girls and the big celebrity pack from around here and i only had one single missing profile image for one single girl which i fixed by loading and saving the image in a picture editor and didn't give it any more thought. I just assumed it was some faulty JPEG data that SDL didn't recognize.

Does your problem happen with the other (Anon's) version too ? Are many girls affected ? I could have a look if you give me an example of a girl i can download that works for you in 593 but not this version.