devolution

Author Topic: TRBACP  (Read 36665 times)

Offline TF

TRBACP
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
Get the first pack here:

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Compiled girls files - Make sure to delete all the .girlsx and .rgirlsx files in the Characters folder to avoid any conflicts.

Get the second pack here:

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

.:Notes:.  The files are 7zip files, and you'll need it to unpack them. The contents of the archive are the *entire* Characters folder contained within the Resources folder of the home Whore Master folder. Using the latest WM client from the pinned Download v1.29 thread, unzipping to the Resources folder and choosing to overwrite all should give you exactly the same setup I have atm (I've only had one random crash so far, and I've played the better part of an in-game year with many loads and more than a full brothel of girls.) All the old .girls files have already been converted to .girlsx (same for .rgirls) a few duplicate chars have been removed, and I fixed (hopefully) Amy Rose by hand, as I couldn't seem to get either the original girl info or the fix to work properly (her skills were blank in the original, and the fix would crash the WM Editor.) Thanks to all the original creators, I hope I attributed everything I used and did it correctly. Details about the packs are in the next post.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:08:33 PM by TF »

Offline TF

TRBACP Information
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
If you would like to know which girls are contained within each of the packs used, please consult Mehzerz' Master List. It's been invaluable putting these packs together and almost every girl, if not every one can be found there.

The first pack contains girls from
:

Exodia91's Megapacks 1-5
EternalEquinox's Megapacks 2.5-5 + Tenchi Muyo Pack
FStop's Supah2 and Supah Dupah packs
Balmung 60's Fire Emblem pack
ChaosKishin's Sailor Moon/Sailor Scouts pack
Mehzerz' random girls pack 2

The second pack contains girls from:

Balmung60's Girlpacks 1-3 and Vandread - No changes.
Mehzerz' packs including:
Back to the Future - Story edits (grammar, spelling)
Elves - No changes, I think.
Windows Girls - Minor story changes.
Royalty - No changes, I think.
Folk Lore - Untouched... I think.
Fires_flair's packs including:
Pack 1 - Kept Vivasia... extra pics for other characters to be added in later.
Pack 2 - Extra pics for Cute Girl and Cat Girl set aside for later; descriptions added for Kousaka Tamaki and Asamiya Athena
Pack 3 - Any folders without corresponding targets in .girlsx file set aside; descriptions added for several girls.
Pack 4 - Extra pics set aside; minor description edits.
Pack 5 - Extra pic set aside; descriptions added for Shiomiya Kanami and Zange... could not for the life of me find information about Karen (aside from being from Dark Chapel).
Randoms - Changed plural names and descriptions to singular since each "girl" will have a single name in brothels. Minor description edits.
Fstop's packs including:
Supah - No changes, I think.
Supah Street Fighter - Had to change Elena to avoid conflicting names... Cammy White and Chun Li have extra pictures but aren't in the .girlsx file, so are being set aside to either be released in a picture update pack, or to put in myself if I release a compilation of the compilations. Extraneous .girls files disregarded.
Jason2003's Small Pack - I think you might enjoy Jessica Rabbit's description ~_^
Zorlon Jones' Anime and Random Packs - Some folders were hidden for some reason... unhidden now. No idea if it would've affected gameplay.
SGB's Randoms + Tomoe Pack - Had to change name of fairy folder and rgirl name due to conflict. Need to remember to put together Spunky Girl from first pack and Younger Sister from this if I combine packs later.

All .girls .rgirls .girlsx and .rgirlsx files in the second pack have been compiled down to one .girlsx file and one .rgirlsx file.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:07:47 PM by TF »

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: The *really* big ass combo pack
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:57:22 AM »
Are all of these girls in single .girlsx and .rgirlsx files? That'd be a huge bonus to getting this pack. Too many of those things clutters the whole folder. As for 7zip I'm pretty sure rar will still work if people prefer that. (Don't quote me on that though)
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline TF

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:09:49 AM »
Awhile back, I tried condensing all the girls I added to just one .girlsx and one .rgirlsx, but it ended up breaking the game, so this time I left them all separate. I personally don't mind them separated, but it's not a huge deal for me to create a compiled file, so I'll go ahead and do that and add it into the second post with a note to make sure and delete all the extraneous .girlsx files if people want to use it.

As for winrar, winace, or whatever archiver people prefer, they could very well support 7z files in their current incarnation, but I haven't bothered to use them in awhile since 7zip has yet to fail me.

::Edit::

Files tested and upped.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:45:30 AM by TF »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 06:17:16 AM »
Of course, it shouldn't be too hard to write a tool to combine and split apart girlsx files.

Hmmm...

Offline Command

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
can't seem to do anything with these files keeps saying there damaged or corrupted.

What were your exact steps anyway?

Offline TF

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:12 AM »
Aside from installing all the girl packs and making sure they worked for me, just creating and uploading the archive.

First, are you using 7zip? Second, are you trying to unpack the .001 file? Because everything's packed into one archive and .001 is the first in the archive, and the only one that will fully unpack everything correctly.

::Edit:: Forgot to mention, you'll also need *all* the files. I know that's generally covered with the "all one archive" thing, but thought I should spell it out, just in case.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:45:50 AM by TF »

Offline TF

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:10:10 AM »
If anyone downloads this and can confirm it works for them, I'd appreciate it.

On the other hand, if other people *can't* get it to work, I'd like to hear it too, so I can work on fixing whatever the problem may be... unless of course nobody's interested and this was all an exercise in futility, of course.

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
Wondering if this pack excludes lolicon or will that have to be edited out by personal preference?

edit: Downloaded and looks like there are a few to edit out by personal preference. Also to TF, looks like some of the files in it are corrupted and I tried it with 7zip and Peazip. Mostly just the profile pictures and a few others can give an output file if you want quite large actually.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:35:52 PM by xorgroth »

Offline TF

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:19 AM »
Any specifics you don't mind taking the time to post would be great... that way I can try to see if something's wrong in the packs I have, the zipping, uploading or downloading. I'm taking it you got a you received a corrupted file message while unpacking the archive, correct?

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:28:10 AM »
Not everything was corrupted in the folders maybe one of the parts is corrupted but its a fairly large list of what failed to be extracted. This is a log from Peazip with uses the new beta 7zip but tried with the current stable release as well.

Just noticed the log is too large to post here. So uploaded to mediafire and I'll try to redownload tomorrow.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5etzztzmzw3

Offline TF

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »
Mmmkay... well, I've already tried unzipping the original files I uploaded without any problem, so my next step is to download the versions that are up on Mediafire and try unzipping them one at a time with the files I know *do* work. If I can recreate the error, I'll reupload the errant file. If I can't get it to mess up, I don't know what to say.

Just to be completely sure, you did unzip WMCharacters.7z.001 with all 5 other files in the same folder, right? Trying to unzip out of order or without all the archives *will* cause errors.

::Edit::
.001 extracts fine.
.002 extracts fine.
.003 fixed... extracts fine.
.004 extracts fine.
.005 extracts fine.
.006 extracts fine.
Compiled girls files extracts fine.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:10:56 PM by TF »

Offline TF

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:15 PM »
The file that was uploaded incorrectly has been fixed, I'm still going to go ahead and check the rest of the files just to be safe, though.

::Edit:: Thanks for the feedback, xorgroth, hopefully the pack'll work for you now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:08:13 PM by TF »

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »
Yeah, its working just fine now and thanks for the fix.

Offline TF

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
NP, glad to hear it ^_^